Product Photography Course (Eltham)
(+1 more date)
Our product photography class is perfect for small businesses who want to quickly add images to their websites or social media without waiting to book a professional photographer. We show how to use simple and inexpensive lighting combined with the right camera and lens choice to make images that sell!
This is a practical Product Photography course for those who want to learn how to photograph their product, from pottery to jewellery to cakes. We aim to teach you how to take stunning images of your products and art.
The class covers-
Product Photography and Lenses
- Choosing the right lens to capture your product
- Do we need a macro lens?
Product Photography and Composition
- There is more to product photography than snapshots.
- Choosing the right background,
- Choosing props and accessories.
Product Photography and Exposure
- Sometimes the camera will not like your choice of background!
- Avoiding too dark and too light images.
Product Photography and Lighting (Home and Studio)
- Lighting is the most challenging part of product photography, some lights make the product look too bright, and reflections on the glaze can ruin the shot.
Product Photography and Software (Making it look good for the Web)
- The next challenge is to put your product on the Web. We show you how to use software (Such as Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop Elements) to show your art or product as it should be.
What you will learn
- Advice on how to photograph art from pottery to paintings
- How to use light (natural and artificial) to enhance our product
- Settings for printing and websites
What you will get
- Class notes and ongoing support
- Small class max 4 persons
- Local venues with weekend classes available
What to bring
- Camera, Cards,ntebook and pen and an eagerness to learn
What to wear
Open to everyone interested!
Who am I
My name is Alwyn Hanson, I have been teaching photography for over 30 years in Melbourne. I have worked with and taught over 30,000 people including new users as well as training groups such as Victoria Police, MFB and many Government Departments.
I believe in teaching photography in a simple, logical way rather than boring lectures. My classes are short, practical and complete. Most are three hours long (My experience is longer classes don't always achieve good results)
I teach photography and software based on classes that have run with great success in my previous position as manager of Michaels Media School in the Melbourne CBD.
I am passionate about teaching and want you to use YOUR camera to take great photos.
I can teach you in a class or if you prefer at your home, cafe or local park.
You tell me what you want and I can make it happen.
Why Alwyns Photo School is different.
We believe in working WITH all the special features on the camera,NOT turning them all off and going manual. The camera companies have spent millions in development, so why reinvent the wheel. We can teach YOU how to take great photos on YOUR own digital camera.
Alwyns Photo School, making great photography easier.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
You may cancel anytime before class starts and claim a full refund or transfer or credit note.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Classes are based on a Maximum of Four Students, in the unlikely event that the minimum number of bookings is not reached we will organise either an alternative date, offer and alternative class option or offer a full refund.
Outdoor workshops and events are subject to Weather if bad Weather is forecast (Based on BOM forecasts 48 hours ahead) we will offer an alternative date, or an alternative class option or offer a full refund.