Untutored Life Drawing
(+8 more dates)
Professional female and male Artists models from the life drawing models guild are employed for these sessions. One month it's a female and the next a male. There is quite a variety of body types to draw or paint with some interesting and challenging poses.
There is nothing like life drawing to sharpen your observational and drawing skills. It's always warm at life drawing. Board and easel supplied.
What you will learn
- Professional female and male Artists models from the life drawing models guild are employed for these sessions.
- There is nothing like life drawing to sharpen your observational and drawing skills.
- Sketching from life is possibly the most difficult art form to pursue when the artist is seeking accurate realism. This is great for observational and drawing skills. Correspondingly, of the many life subjects available to us, it’s the human body which has been the most enduring art subject historically, if not one of the hardest to visualise accurately. There are a number of ways to develop an image of the human. These include focusing on the shapes created by tonal effects of light and shade on the body. Another is to focus on the muscles and bone structures of the body, while there are those who like to construct a visual image of a body from geometric shapes before refining them into a realistic form. Whatever method is preferred, we provide a monthly opportunity to draw nude models in various poses that enhance the artist’s ability to draw what is in front of them – life. Each of our untutored two hour sessions of life drawing begins with five 2-minute poses in quick succession that enables the artist to practice drawing the flow of the form, thereby getting the eye and hand in sync. Then comes two 5-minute and two 10-minute poses which allows for a little more detailed work. Two extended poses of 20 minutes each are then provided so artists can hone in on the detail of the form – the body shapes, the joints, the muscles, the way the light highlights the body giving it a three dimensional look.
What you will get
- Board and easel supplied.
What to bring
- Bring your own paper and charcoal or other drawing medium.
What to wear
Casual (Warning: this might get messy)
Open to all skill levels for adults aged 16 years and above.
Our offer to you
Painting pictures is enjoyable, satisfying, therapeutic, good for the soul, great for your social life, combats social isolation, and helps the brain fight against depression and dementia.
Let our expert tutors show you how it’s done because expressing yourself through art is about the best way to be happy and fulfilled.
We cover all styles for all levels.
The Box Hill Art Group Inc. was established in 1952 and since then it has nurtured many thousands of budding artists, as well as stretching the skills of experienced and exhibiting artists.
Moreover, we cater for watercolours, oils, acrylics, pastels, drawing, life drawing and mixed media.
We also offer our member’s access to lessons, paint outs, art demonstrations, competitions, exhibitions and arts awards.
The Box Hill Art Group will open up a whole new colourful world for you to enjoy.
Membership is open to anyone between 16 and 116 years of age. Whether you are just starting out in painting or drawing or have been doing it for years you will love being a part of this group, meeting with like minded people to express yourself visually.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Transfers for classes that cannot be attended need to be made up within the same term.
Non members are entitled to only purchase ONE single $26 tutored class. All additional purchases require the participant to become a member of the Box Hill Art Group. This condition excludes Wednesday Life Drawing sessions and one day workshops which are open to everyone.
Memberships are not transferable to other people. Class payments are not transferable to other members.
More From Box Hill Art Group
All Media Saturday with Tessa Joy- Single SessionAll Media Saturday with Tessa Joy- Single Session
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICSat, 18 Mar 12:30PM (AEDT) (+2 more)
Painting, Drawing, Mixed Media w/ Natalie - SinglePainting, Drawing, Mixed Media w/ Natalie - Single
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICWed, 22 Mar 7:30PM (AEDT) (+2 more)
Mixed Media with Craig and Linda - Single SessionMixed Media with Craig and Linda - Single Session
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICTue, 21 Mar 7:30PM (AEDT) (+2 more)
All Media - with Farimah Eshraghi -Single SessionAll Media - with Farimah Eshraghi -Single Session
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICMon, 20 Mar 10:00AM (AEDT) (+2 more)
Revitalise Your Oil Paintings with Maxwell WilksRevitalise Your Oil Paintings with Maxwell Wilks
AU$125.00Box Hill, VICSat, 15 Apr 10:00AM (AEST)
Creative & Colourful Painting With Susan - SingleCreative & Colourful Painting With Susan - Single
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICWed, 22 Mar 10:00AM (AEDT) (+2 more)
Watercolour with It Hao Pheh (Zoom)-Single SessionWatercolour with It Hao Pheh (Zoom)-Single Session
AU$26.00Live via ZoomThu, 16 Mar 1:30PM (AEDT) (+3 more)
Life DrawingLife Drawing
AU$26.00Box Hill, VICSat, 18 Mar 2:30PM (AEDT) (+8 more)
Other classes you might like
Inner Artist Interactive Play Reding for KidsInner Artist Interactive Play Reding for Kids
AU$56.00Live via ZoomWed, 19 Apr 2:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Watercolour for Absolute BeginnersWatercolour for Absolute Beginners
from AU$35.00Live via ZoomFri, 24 Mar 6:30PM (AEDT)Accepts private bookings
Paint a Tote Bag: CatPaint a Tote Bag: Cat
AU$80.00Live via ZoomTue, 28 Mar 6:45PM (AEDT)Accepts private bookings
Create Letter Art on CanvasCreate Letter Art on Canvas
from AU$68.00Live via ZoomSun, 30 Apr 3:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Make Flower Figure PostcardsMake Flower Figure Postcards
from AU$66.00Live via ZoomWed, 29 Mar 6:45AM (AEDT) (+1 more)Accepts private bookings
Intro to Vintage Fashion IllustrationsIntro to Vintage Fashion Illustrations
from AU$80.00Live via ZoomSun, 07 May 2:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Weekly Craft Series for AdultsWeekly Craft Series for Adults
AU$280.00Live via ZoomSun, 02 Apr 1:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Learn to Make Rhinestone PortraitsLearn to Make Rhinestone Portraits
from AU$66.00Live via ZoomSun, 14 May 3:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Paint a Tote Bag: DogPaint a Tote Bag: Dog
from AU$60.00Live via ZoomSun, 16 Apr 3:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Make Mini Plant Pots at HomeMake Mini Plant Pots at Home
from AU$63.00Live via ZoomSun, 26 Mar 1:15PM (AEDT)Accepts private bookings
Thanks heaps Bridget for the great review. Hope to see you again next month.
Box Hill Art Group